You can make a tangible difference
We often need specific items to keep our programs running at full speed and every moment we slow down means one less person helped. Each item you provide is urgently needed by the men, women, and children who receive them.
Your donations are invaluable and make a difference in someone’s life. You can provide everyday goods and fundamental supplies for our programs, homeless neighbors, and countless community partners.
How to donate your goods
Food, clothing, housewares, and other donated items make a huge impact. Your donated items provide hurting and homeless people in our community with the basic resources they need to start a new life! If you have items you would like to donate from your home or business and would like to see if we can put them to use, please get in touch with a member of our Gifts in Kind team:
Furniture donations: Fill out our furniture form here
Individuals: Edward Lilley, GIK Coordinator— firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 432-8421
Business or Corporation: Scott Swansen, Corporate Procurement Officer— email@example.com or (206) 723-0767 x450
We have several different programs here at Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission, each one with specific needs. If you would like to help meet those needs of our programs, please check out one of our wish lists. Each wish list below was intentionally constructed with specifically chosen items that will be most impactful to our programs:
- Capitol Hill - The Men’s Recovery Program at Capitol Hill is designed for men living with co-occurring issues related to addiction and mental health.
- Hope Place - Our Women’s Recovery Program helps women struggling with addiction and abuse find freedom, self-respect, and hope in Christ.
- KentHOPE - KentHOPE Women's Emergency Shelter provides a safe place for women and their children to spend the day while learning about resources to help them overcome homelessness and other difficulties. Overnight accommodations are also available.
- Men’s Shelter - This is one of many places where we continue the work we've been doing for 90 years – and here we start with the basics of feeding and housing people in greatest need.
- Outreach/Search + Rescue - Every night, Search + Rescue vans drive to the darkest places in the greater Seattle area to hand out lifesaving supplies and care to men and women living without shelter. Volunteers give wool blankets, food, water, and other supplies to our homeless neighbors and offer them the opportunity to come inside for a night of safe shelter at the Mission.
- Riverton - Our Men’s Recovery Program helps men find lasting freedom from addiction through a combined approach of counseling, Biblical teaching, and education
Dollar Days wish lists
Another wish list we have is through a company we partner with called Dollar Days. They are able to discount the prices of their items due to their bulk quantities, so your donation can stretch that much further! Please click here to see some of our most needed items.
Host a drive
Make an even bigger impact by hosting a drive. It’s also a fun way to build community through the shared joy of giving with your friends, workplace, or church. If you would like to host a drive, we'll provide barrels, posters, and pickup of the items you collect. That's right — we'll do the heavy lifting! Start your drive now.
Donation drop-off locations
Gift-In-Kind Distribution Center – Kent
8226 South 208th Street, Suite G110, Kent, WA 98032
Monday-Friday, 8:30am–4pm Closed Thursday the 26th from 12pm-3pm
Donate your car
Donate your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, or boat to Seattle's Union Gospel Mission through our nonprofit partnership with CARS (Charitable Adult Rides & Services).
CARS will reach out to you to arrange the pick-up of your vehicle donation, at no cost to you. You may qualify for a tax deduction while supporting a cause that is near and dear to your heart! Vehicle donation pick-up is always free to you and most vehicles can be picked up by CARS within 24-72 business hours. Learn more and get started with your donation today!
GiveBIG to help twice as many!
Matching Grant DOUBLES your gift today — up to $200,000!