Statement of Faith
As a non-profit Christian ministry, Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission bases its work on the teachings of Jesus Christ. We take seriously His command to feed hungry people, clothe those who are naked, and provide shelter for those who are homeless. We consistently combine our faith with action by serving those in greatest need regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
We affirm our Christian identity with the following statement of faith:
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal future return in power and glory.
4. We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men and women, leading to verbal confession and inward belief in the Lordship and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
Help our homeless neighbors
living on the street this summer
Every $15.24 delivers a Summer Survival Kit
and the chance to start a new life.