How can I help the homeless in Seattle?
You can volunteer! Volunteering with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is more than a service opportunity. It's the chance to give hope, healing, and life-saving help.
Here are 6 ways to volunteer:
- Deliver meals to one of our shelter locations
- Host a food, clothing, or supplies drive
- Mentor a man in our recovery program
- Join our Search + Rescue team to help with homeless outreach
- Set up a fundraiser or fundraising page and ask your community and friends to set up one for the Mission too. As one of our greatest ambassadors, you know the impact when the community responds.
- Join one of our Weekly Prayer Groups, or pray for us on your own. Please pray for wisdom as we seek to serve safely and for the protection of our homeless neighbors.
Our volunteer opportunities have been drastically curtailed during the Covid-19 pandemic. However, we are anxious to welcome volunteers back as soon as we safely can! As guidelines change and restrictions are reduced, we will be re-launching our volunteer programs. Please stay tuned for new volunteer opportunities in the very near future. We can’t wait to see you!
You will receive a confirmation in 1-2 days when your background check is approved.
Check out the volunteer schedule and sign up for your next service.
Have a question or just want to connect with us? Get in touch with our Volunteer Experience Team — email@example.com or (206) 723-0767.
It's the perfect volunteer activity for groups! Purchase, prepare, and bring an entire meal to one of our shelters.
Our guests absolutely love special meals prepared by our wonderful volunteers!
One of the best team-building activities for any group is volunteering.
Volunteering together can be especially enriching; it is an opportunity to break
the routine and see another side of the people you're with.
Is God calling you to grow in your volunteer role at the Mission?
Is God asking you to use your gifts and talents to expand the impact you’re having on those in great need?
Do you want to go deeper, further, and
farther in your volunteer experience at the Mission?
YOUR GIFT DOUBLED
$25,000 Matching Grant helps twice as many neighbors lost in homelessness and addiction.