Day Center and Shelter
9009 Canyon Drive
Kent, WA 98030
KentHOPE is an association of local non-profits, neighbors, businesses, and churches who have joined together to discuss a cohesive approach to reducing homelessness in Kent. KentHOPE stands for Kent Homelessness Partnership Effort. Our Mission is to build community by providing stable pathways out of homelessness while caring for body, mind, and spirit.
Sevices we provide
The KentHOPE Day Center serves homeless women and children. Our day center is open 7 days a week, from 7:00am-8:30pm. We offer the following services:
- Resources for housing and recovery
- Employment assistance
- Showers, laundry facilities, restrooms
- 3 substantial, healthy meals served daily
- Evaluation and access to mental health and addiction counseling
- Mentoring and companionship to promote relationship-building
The KentHOPE rotating shelter serves homeless women. With help from our volunteers, we provide transportation to local churches who have committed to hosting homeless women with a safe place to sleep. Overnight shelter beds were generously funded by City of Seattle Human Services Department.
What people are saying
“My choice not to do drugs or alcohol was made much easier because of you. I’m so grateful for this place.”
— KentHOPE Day Center Guest
“Finally we have a facility in Kent where women can go for meals, showers, rest and help. We no longer have to tell women there are no resources for them. You are doing wonderful work and changing lives.”
— KentHOPE Volunteer
How you can help
- Prepare and serve breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Drive our KentHOPE van to provide transportation to our Day Center and Overnight Shelter.
- Teach an enrichment class, help facilitate our clothing bank, or serve in guest relations to build relationships.
- Volunteer with Search & Rescue in Kent.
- See more volunteer opportunities.
Your gift for KentHOPE will help rescue someone from homelessness and poverty.
Do you have questions? Get in touch with us — 253.480.2325 or info@KentHOPE.org.