Returning volunteers – Check out the volunteer schedule and sign up here!
Volunteering at KentHOPE is more than a service opportunity. It's the chance to give hope, healing, and help save lives.
Volunteer opportunities are virtually limitless, including things like serving meals; sorting donations; handing out blankets, sandwiches, and hope while doing Search & Rescue; leading a Bible study; mentoring; and more!
Ways to Volunteer
- Cook a meal at home, then come serve it at the Day Center. Volunteers provide three meals a day, every day.
- Drive the 12-passenger van once a week to transport women between the Day Center and overnight shelter in local churches. No special license required. If you would like additional information or need to start the approval process then email us at info@KentHOPE.org and we will get you started.
- Plan a birthday or holiday party. Bring decorations, a cake, and craft for a one-hour party. Schedule with staff, (
- Put together a Home Starter Kit for a woman moving into her new home. Purchase household items to fill a laundry basket.
- Day Center clothing room organizer. Straighten, sort, hang and fold current clothing as well as incorporate and label new donations.
- Launder 30 – 35 blankets from the overnight shelter at home or a laundromat every month at your convenience. Email info@KentHOPE.org for more information.
- Donate much-needed items such as laundry detergent, hand soap, feminine hygiene products, plastic bags, paper towels and toilet paper.
- Host a Drive and invite your organization or friends to collect items like cold breakfast items (instant oatmeal, cereal, granola bars), underwear, backpacks, gently used coats or shoes. Call the Day Center staff to find out what is most needed today (